Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Green Smoothie Girl Protein Powders

 Friends,

First I want to say thank you to so many of you for being so loving and supportive to my sons and I in so many ways...especially though through supporting my work. It means so much to me in ways you'll never know. It's not easy being a single parent. The Lord really takes care of us. I'm so grateful to Him. 

With all of that in mind, for those of you who haven't seen, I've added a new line to my holistic wellness practice in addition to my Kingdom Health Holistic Health Counseling Program, Young Living Essential Oils, and my Kingdom Health Holistic Healing Body Care Line.

I'm now a Green Smoothie Girl Distributor. Green Smoothie Girl is a food based line with the mission to get people eating better through a simple step of adding green smoothies each day to the daily regimen. It's something I implemented into my family routine over 5 years ago, and it's really benefited us. 

I added the line for several reasons. One is I've done several smoothie demos and classes before even getting involved with Green Smoothie Girl. I've showed friends how to make them in my home and theirs. 

One question I ALWAYS get asked by friends and clients is what about protein? To be honest outside of plain hemp protein, there has not been a mix/protein powder I've been 100% happy with until now. 

Green Smoothie Girl solved that problem for me. They have protein powders in chocolate, berry, and vanilla. I can honestly say, I love it! Here's why: 

Every product is USDA organic (so absolutely no GMOs), vegan, raw, and gluten free! Any natural flavors are from the actual foods themselves! No extra yucky stuff! Read labels please! Don't know what something is...just ask me! I do not mind ever! 

It's 100% plant based, that means the protein is really easy to digest. It's comprised of hempseed protein, pea protein, and a little bit of Maca root. Maca is a Peruvian root that is super great for energy and hormone balance! 

It's soy free! Yay! Many protein powders out there are soy based. Soy, unless it's fermented, is very difficult on the digestive tract. Soy can cause severe imbalances in the gut. Soy is also a endocrine system disruptor. That means it messes with your hormones. Read The Whole Soy Story by Natasha T. Campbell, MD.

Whey protein is from milk. A high quality form is really difficult to find. Most whey is from grain fed cows that have been treated with hormones. Many people can't digest it because it's been processed as well. If you have a really good one, great, but if not, stay away from whey.

It's also rice free! This is rare in a plant based protein that's also soy free. Rice tends to have a lot of heavy metals in it. Too much rice can also inhibit mineral absorption. So while I eat some rice, I don't really want it in my protein powder everyday if I can help it. 

It is sugar free and sugar alcohol free. Stay away from sugar alcohols when possible, they can be hard on the gut as well. There haven't been enough tests done to qualify them as 100% safe. While the most popular sugar alcohol is xylitol, and it seems to carry some benefits like improving dental health, and has been given a GRAS (generally regarded as safe) rating, keep in mind where it comes from and how it is processed. Xylitol is known to come from birch trees, but did you also know it also can be made from GMO CORN?!!! While a birch tree is natural, the hydrogenation process used to obtain the xylitol, is not. Read more about xyltiol and hydrogenation here. For truly natural sweetness Green Smoothie Girl DOES use a bit of USDA organic Stevia.

The protein is also raw. That means no extreme heat above 118 degrees has been used in the products. That's extremely important! So ALL of the enzymes needed to digest the protein powders are in it! Enzymes are super important! I get pretty passionate about them (health geek)! Unless you take a good enzyme supplement before you eat cooked foods, you don't have them because they're cooked out. Sooooo only RAW foods have enzymes. To learn more about the health benefits of raw food from Dr. Joe Mercola read here.

Oh before I forget, a lot of plant based protein powders also have a ton of SUPERFOODS in them already, like wheatgrass and barley grass. For some people that's great! For those with certain allergies, especially to grasses/ragweed this is problem. Green Smoothie Girl does sell SUPERFOOD POWDERS, but sells these separately! 

So these traits make Green Smoothie Girl Protein Powders my favorite! I'll talk about the other items Green Smoothie Girl has available in another post.

Check out my website to see more here.

I'm now teaching GREEN SMOOTHIE GIRL CLASSES! Contact me here to set up a class! I could even do a virtual class over Skype or FaceTime, so do contact me! In the subject line of the email put: GSG CLASS. 

As always my love to you! Be healthy and blessed! Helping you to be a good steward of your health!~Marie A. Ligorria

No comments:

Post a Comment