Friday, September 27, 2013

Super Easy Healthy Popsicles!

When you are going the healthier, whole foods route some think you have to give up your favorite things. While that may be true with a few things for the most part there is a real, yummy, nutritious version of what you love to eat. Knowing what to substitute is exceedingly important when you have children!

We live in a society that makes it difficult to eat healthy and raise our children that way. I want my children to take care of the body the Lord has given them. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." We know not the day nor the hour when we will return with the Lord Yeshua, nonetheless preserving our health makes us good stewards so that we can be used at any time in any way.

Back to healthy choices, we simply cannot go around telling our children NO constantly. We have to pick our battles, and quite frankly should say yes if a request is within reason. A child's fond warm weather past time are Popsicles. Even I can remember as a child running for the ice cream truck. Knowing now what is in those cool desserts I gladly run in the other direction. Regardless, it doesn't take away the desire for a sweet treat.

Earlier this week I received my BPA Free Popsicle molds...I was so excited to try them out! So I figured I'd snap a few shots and share the process with you. I kept it fairly simple. I ordered the molds from Amazon.

Ingredients:

2 Cups Organic Frozen Mixed Berries
1 Can Native Forest Organic Whole Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar


Next just put everything into your blender.


Depending on the speed of your blender make it smooth and creamy.


Then it is as simple as pouring into the molds. Truth be told this filled almost all of my molds completely. Just one was a tad short. I didn't feel like opening another can. I let them freeze for 3 hours.  


They turned out really well. Feel free to use any natural sweetener you like. Depending on the fruit you use you may be able to avoid it altogether. Tell me if you try them out! Be healthy, be blessed, and be a good steward!

No comments:

Post a Comment