Monday, March 5, 2018

Oats & Chia Pudding Part 2

Okay so the other week I shared about the oats portion. This week I am going to get right to the good stuff and tell you all about the yummy goodness of the addition of chia pudding. I've never had a bowl of oatmeal taste this good ya'll, like for real, sooo good!

If you do not have chia seeds in your kitchen, you most definitely want to pick some up. You can do a variety of things with them in the kitchen. One thing I love to do (while it took me a moment to get used to the texture in my drink) is add a tablespoon to my water. I love to do this in the beginning of the afternoon. Chia seeds pack a powerful punch with fiber at 11 grams for an ounce of seeds, high in healthy omega 3 fatty acids (great for the brain, heart, and healthy energy) at 17.83 grams, 19% of the daily allowance for protein, along with a whole host of minerals.

I like to buy chia seeds at Costco due to the price, but a good place to get some to try is Trader Joes. You can also purchase them at Thrive Market.


One of my favorite things to make with chia seeds is pudding! In this post I'll share with you how to make chocolate chia pudding. There aren't any refined sugars in it, and due to the nutritional profile, it is a great quick breakfast, or at least part of one. As a busy mom, sometimes even a health coach who meal plans, needs something fast she can grab out of the fridge. Add some fruits and raw nuts and you'll be in heaven! As I talked about chia pudding in the last post, I added it to my oatmeal. I'd read other bloggers doing this before, but never made time until recently. I may never go back to non-chia pudding oats again.

In order to make chocolate chia pudding you'll need:

1/4 C Chia Seeds
1 Can Organic Whole Coconut Milk (I get mine at Thrive Market)
3 Tbsp Organic Raw Cacao Powder (I get mine at Thrive Market)
1 Pinch Himalayan Salt
4-5 Medjool Dates (remove the pit)
1 Drop Young Living Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil (optional)

Get a quart sized mason ( you can use a pint size, but you may have a bit that won't fit, so I prefer the quart) and put the chia seeds in the jar.

Blend the dates, coconut milk, peppermint oil, salt, and cacao powder.

Pour the chocolate blend over the chia seeds in the jar and mix them well.

Place the fridge overnight and in the morning you will have a lovely, healthy dessert.

You can now get really creative with how you serve your pudding. While it is totally worth of eating on it's own, feel free to mix it up and make a healthy parfait with it and some fresh fruit. You can also do what I like to do and occasionally add it to my oatmeal. It transforms my oats into absolute paradise. To inspire you and give you an idea, I'll put the picture of my oats and chia pudding below.

  
     





No comments:

Post a Comment