Thursday, August 19, 2010

MMMMMM....Asian Kale Salad by Renegade Health

Asian Kale Salad

Almond Chili Kale Dressing:

4 tbsp raw almond butter
2 chopped jalepenos or sm red pepper (I used red)
2 cloves of garlic, finley minced (more or less to taste)
1-2″ of fresh ginger, finely minced
2 tsp tamari (can use soy sauce, but tamari is wheat free and soy sauce is not, I also like to use low sodium)I'll be using coconut aminos because I don't want any soy
2 tbsp maple syrup

Put all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together with a fork. Add water to adjust to desired consistency (ie more for a dressing and less for a dip).

Salad:

Raw Green or Purple Kale

Plus optional toppings:

red and green cabbage
sliced tomatoes
avocado
black and tan sesame seeds
crunchy sea vegetables

Take kale and if it’s limp cut off ends and place in water. Leave for 20 min. or so. When you return the kale should be sitting upright and vibrant. Wash and tear into pieces removing the tough stems.

To wilt the kale simply massage it in your hands (no salt or oil required). The kale will take on a look of being steamed and is ready to be dressed or put into containers in the fridge where it will be good for 2-3 days.

Add shredded red and green cabbage, chopped tomatoes, avocado, apple and crunchy sea vegetables and dressing.*

*as a basic salad just kale will work, you can create a salad out of any greens you have at the time, the one above is our personal favorite combination, experiment and find out yours!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I will have to share some of my recipes with you soon! I got cha' in my favorites now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, ha this is Jaime (not David) using my hubbies account....ha!

    ReplyDelete