Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coconut Oil is My Friend!


I know that I have posted things before about my love affair with coconut, whether its the oil, the shreds, the aminos, the syrup, or the vinegar. There are so many health benefits, and really I can't think of any draw backs. It's a low glycemic food with great antibacterial properties. Its a healthy saturated fat necessary for brain health and heart health.

Today I want to tell you about some wonderful coconut oil by Tropical Traditions. They were so generous to allow me to try their product out. It's USDA certified organic virgin coconut oil. It is cholesterol free. I've tried it in several ways and have been very happy. To learn about the many uses of coconut oil go here.

Food wise I used it to cook my eggs, and that makes them extra delicious in my cast iron pan, in my honest opinion. I used it to make popcorn on the stove, to make the raw chocolate cake in a previous post, put it my green smoothies for breakfast, and used it in the gluten free pancakes that I make as well.

I also used it to make a coconut sugar facial scrub that is incredible for your skin, as my daily facial moisturizer (I did scoop some out into a another jar for this), and used it to make homemade toothsoap. I stopped using toothpaste long ago for health reasons. I will discuss that greater in another post.

I definitely recommend the Tropical Traditions Brand of coconut oil. You can get it in 4 sizes: 16oz, 32oz, 1 gallon, and 5 gallons. Many times they have sales and free shipping. They have a whole line of coconut products on their website. Check them out here.




Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

No comments:

Post a Comment