Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year...New You!

I love the concept of a New Year! New beginnings abound for so many. It's a beautiful idea. It was originally given to us in the Bible through the redemption of Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." Isn't the gospel beautiful? So back to being renewed and redeemed, what are your goals this year? What resolutions have you personally to resolved to that will improve the quality of your life? Is it weight loss, eating a healthier daily diet, using whole foods to heal from a sickness, or implementing exercising? These are all great goals! 

As for healing and using whole foods just for that purpose, I thought that I would share a video to get you started with a fairly basic recipe for kale salad. Kale is probably my favorite dark leafy green. It is loaded with calcium, vitamin C, as well as chlorophyll (the darker the green the more chlorophyll there is and we want chlorophyll because it naturally cleanses our blood.) I remember back when I started changing my diet to a whole foods based lifestyle that kale salad was the first recipe I ever made. I was so excited. I drove down to Whole Foods Market and put a bag of locally grown kale into my basket. I couldn't believe how delicious it was and what I had been missing all these years. I'm going to keep the recipe very simple. 

Ingredients:
1 Bunch of organic curly leaf green kale
1 Organic orange bell pepper
1/4-1/3 Cup red onion
1/2 Cucumber
Extra Virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Celtic sea salt




No comments:

Post a Comment