I, for one, am super excited about this recipe. I am itching to try these, it sounds so yummy. Let me know if any of you decide to give this one a shot!
A package of raw nori sheets (you can buy these on the renegade health website through the link on this blog; FYI raw nori is always purple)
For the Rice:
1 Small Jicama
6 stalks asparagus -steamed
4 big leaves of basil
1 tbsp green onions
Jicama rice (shred a large chunk in the food processor)
For the top:
4 strips eggplant – roasted or frozen then thawed
Thinly sliced Avocado
Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
This will make about 3-4 rolls
To roll with a mat:
1. Place a nori sheet on sushi mat.
2. Spread the rice on 3/4 of the roll.
3. Lay some veggies in the middle of the rice spread.
4. Roll using the mat. (See video for technique)
Get your fingertips wet in water and run it along the nori roll where you want the end to stick. Next, slice the roll with a sharp, wet knife.
To Roll without a mat:
1. Cut one sheet of nori in half.
2. Place half sheet in your hand, shiny side down.
3. Spread the rice on the nori – only on the left side.
4. Lay the veggie fillings on top of the rice.
5. Roll the nori by starting with the bottom left corner – up towards the right top corner to form a cone shape.
You can dip these if you like in raw coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. If you don't prefer wasabi, then you can also serve these with a few pieces of mustard greens for that spicy appeal.
Here's the video if you'd like to watch it: http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2011/03/30/sushi-recipe-for-eggplant-asparagus-rolls/