Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Respecting without Worshiping these Houses (Remembering His Love)

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body"

Each morning I awake, and I realize that I had nothing to do with waking myself. It was not by my own ability but by the Will of the Lord Yeshua, Jesus the Christ, that He has chosen this day for me to once again be a good steward of all that he has placed before me.

I have so much to be thankful for each and every day, it is incomprehensible. The breath of life to which God fills my lungs I have nothing what so ever to do with yet He lets me breathe. My legs somehow manage to operate just as they should...well, at least most of the time, and wallah I can walk. Without any effort I flutter my eye lashes, and then I can see.

Then with all of these amazing things that I am not responsible for like breathing, and blood pumping through my veins why am I surprised, or I should say why are other people surprised that the Lord has provided us with amazing health keeping properties all around us?

Why do we put so much faith in man, medicine, and technology? Why do we put faith in things that fail, are not trustworthy, and disappoint? Why are we quicker to consume dangerous chemicals rather than to lay hands on someone and pray? Oh we have so little faith.

Our bodies were a gift from the creator Himself, the Lord Yeshua. He is not the absent minded professor who forgot to give us a health manual and tools to keep everything running correctly. In fact quite the contrary He gave us His Word, the how-to do it right manual.

Then He gave us fruits, vegetables, herbs, oils, nuts, seeds, and healthy animals (before we get our hands on them and drug them up and feed them horrific things they should never ingest).

I just want to take this time to thank you Lord Yeshua for being the maker of all, for counting us worthy enough to even be a thought to be made. May those of us who truly love you make the effort to be set apart for you Holy One above all. In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment