Friday, April 1, 2011

Veggie Soup

My Mom just asked me for a vegetable soup recipe that I make. She really loves it, so she went out and bought everything. Since I typed it up for her I thought I'd throw it on here. The original recipe is from Rachel Ray's Veggie Meals cookbook, but I changed it quite a bit.


Veggie Soup

2-3 tbsp coconut oil
1 med red onion
2 carrots, peeled & chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
2 cups tomatoes, diced
3-4 med red potatoes, diced
4 zucchini or 2 zucchini & 2 squash
2 cups white great northern beans (cooked)
2 cups garbanzo beans (cooked; also known as chick peas)
6 cups of vegetable broth
Handful fresh parsley
Black pepper and sea salt to taste

*soak dry beans, and cook them first (chick peas need to be soaked over night; the white beans only need to be soaked for about 2 hours before you cook them)
*then put veggies in pot with oil to sautee/soften
*next add everything else
*cook for about 20 min or as needed

No comments:

Post a Comment