Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Facial Mask for Acne Sufferers

Homemade Tomato Mask

*Placing the 1/4 a cup of freshly squeezed tomato juice with pulp
*1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
*1 cup of mashed avocado into a small bowl and combining them together to form a thick creamy green mask

You may also add 1 teaspoon each of dried parsley and basil to the mask to help thicken it up and to help draw even more toxins and impurities out of your skin. If you find the tomato mask is to runny for you add a teaspoon of arrowroot (did say cornstarch here but I changed it) to the mask and that should help thicken it right up.

Wash your face and apply a nice layer of the creamy green tomato mask to your skin and face. The mask will feel cool and may sting a little bit at first, but this is because it is stripping the dead layers of skin from your face and removing impurities. Once the mask is on leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour to help really brighten, nourish, and purify your skin right up.

After you are done with the mask rinse it off with warm water and splash your face with cold water after to help shrink your pores back up. Can be done 3-4 times a week.


I haven't tried this yet, and can't take credit for it, but I really believe it will work. I love that I could eat my facial mask. It makes me feel safer. I'll be trying this mask this weekend, and implementing into my regime. I'll be the guinea pig :) The mask didn't specify it was for acne sufferers, but I labeled it as such because tomatoes are naturally acidic. Our skin is also naturally acidic. To regain our skin' s natural pH balance we have to put the acidity back in. A major component to acne sufferers is that the skin's pH balance has been disturbed causing the skin to get agitated because the skin has become too alkaline. Many times correcting the skin's pH balance will cure or alleviate the acne issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment