Friday, June 1, 2018

Green Smoothie Bowl


While I love the simplicity and health value that a smoothie holds, sometimes I want to chew my food. I still need simple, but occasionally like to step it up a notch, my choice: smoothie bowls. Have you ever made one? It's not rocket science. It's just a smoothie poured into a bowl with toppings. You can get excessively fancy or keep it simple.

You can get so much get nutrition into a smoothie. If you are not making them, then you are missing out. Yes, I can get smoothied out and I do take breaks when I get bored. I think it's thoroughly important to be mindful of our emotions and thoughts because they can trick us and tempt us into doing something that is not advantageous such as going through the drive-thru. While I believe in eating to live and not living to eat, there's nothing wrong with enjoying our food. So when boredom sets in, then it's time to do something different. Choose life!

I've made many different smoothie bowls. As I make more I'll take pictures and share my steps and ingredients. I really enjoy taking advantage of utilizing superfoods in my smoothies. They make it easy to maximize my nutrients.


In the picture above you can see the ingredients that went in the blender. 

Smoothie Ingredients:

2 Cups Tightly Packed Organic Kale (Costco)
1 Frozen Organic Acai Packet (Trader Joes)
2 Cups Filtered Water
1/2 Cup Frozen Organic Cherries (Costco)
1/2 Cup Frozen Organic Mango (Costco)
1/2 Banana
1 Tsp Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder (Trader Joes)
9 Sunfood Chlorella & Spirulina Tablets ( Thrive Market)
1/4 C Hempseed (Costco)
1 Tbsp Chia seeds (Costco)
1 Medjool Date (Costco)
Ice if desired
2 Drops Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil

I don't put the same items in every smoothie because I do like to change it up. I do love the ingredients above though so I thought I'd share why. Acai berries have an extremely high ORAC score. That means they contain an abundance of antioxidants, which means we are healthier. I like adding maca because it's great for hormonal balance. A key to life and vitality is consuming chlorophyll, basically, plants own superfood. Chlorella and spirulina are both algae packed with chlorophyll. They support natural detox and cleansing in the body as well. 

Directions:  

Put everything in the blender and blend, really difficult, right?! Pour it into a pretty bowl, and then top it.


The topping choices are endless. Choose what you like. Pictured above is dried unsweetened coconut, 1/2 banana, organic raw pumpkin seeds, Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Granola (I buy it at Thrive Market, or either Target or Whole Foods when on sale). I don't usually buy granola due to the fact that it's usually really unhealthy. This brand is fairly impressive with a low glycemic sweetener being coconut sugar and a healthy fat with organic coconut oil. It's organic and certified gluten-free...so happy!

If you have questions about the ingredients, need any tips, or want to share your favorite smoothie recipe, please comment below.

Helping you to be a good steward of your health,

Marie A. Brock, HHC



No comments:

Post a Comment