Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Exercise

I am all about exercise. I believe it honors the Lord to use our bodies, keep them moving, and be used for His glory! In Mark 3:13-15 it says, "And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him. Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons."

When Christ calls us to "go out" wouldn't be wonderful to be as physically healthy as possible so that we are not limited to go where He needs us to go and to do what he needs us to do. Of course our almighty God is not limited by our limitation, but if we are good stewards how much more does that honor Him?

I love exercise because of how it makes me feel afterward and overall. My sleep is improved, my clothes fit better, and I have more energy go through my day. It's amazing how burning a little energy with exercise can actually rev you up to keep going. There's so much truth to that because I find that the more sedentary that I am the more tired I feel by the time the afternoon rolls around.

So I've been trying to learn more about exercise, what is effective, what isn't, what is harmful, what are some myths, that type of thing then I can share it all with you. I will post later this week somethings that I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment