Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive...Yumminess

So over the weekend the kids and I celebrated with best friends their one year old's birthday. They had a wonderful party for him at their home. Requested by another close friend for the party were a few of my typical munch on type foods, guacamole, hummus, and quinoa salad.

It never ceases to amaze me how yummy the foods are that the Lord has given us, and why other than the almighty dollar we are so driven to concoct and eat scary things in boxes with 18-25 ingredients with things I cannot pronounce or that I use to clean my toilet...just saying.

Anyhoo thought I'd post here what I typically do for hummus.

Hummus

2 cups of dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans-same thing)
3 large garlic cloves roughly chopped
1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (not the stuff in the bottle)
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp of evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
paprika
Fresh parsley sprigs

Soak the chickpeas in filtered water over night. Strain them in a colander. Next cook them for about 2 hours. Place everything into the food processor. Taste and add more of any of the ingredients above to make it how ya like it. Place into glass bowl, dig small well in the middle, and add some extra evoo to the well. Dust the hummus with paprika. Stick a few parsley sprigs in it for a garnish. Dip fresh raw veggies in it like carrots, celery, bell peppers and cucumbers, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment