Thursday, August 4, 2011

Snapshot of a Yummy Dinner

So I absolutely had to share my dinner with you. On Saturday morning I went with a close friend and her husband to the local farmers market. I cannot express to you my excitement over going there in the summer. It is a cook's or raw foodie's playground!

That day I perused and found some yummy bell peppers. I bought a purple and a white one. Never did I try this before, and I quite like both. I also picked up a spaghetti squash, which is what I am sharing here. Along with it I had a spinach salad.If you've never had one, it's called a spaghetti squash because it actually looks like spaghetti noodles inside.

Preheat your over to 400 degrees. To cook your spaghetti squash you slice it in half. You'll need a good knife. Then scoop out the inside. Then put a little coconut oil on each side. Cook it open face up on a baking sheet for 45 minutes. I put it on my pizza stone.

When you take it out take a fork and fluff up the middle. To dress it up you can put some raw or cooked tomato sauce on it, and even add some goat cheese like I did in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment