Saturday, May 26, 2018

Baked Cinnamon Grapefruit



My sweet Dad had gifted us a box of grapefruit because he knows I love them! I enjoy eating them because grapefruits are nutritious with vitamin C, lycopene an antioxidant great for heart support, and they support a healthy metabolism. Well after eating 4 grapefruits in a week the traditional way, you can start to get a bit bored, and want a change. I did what any red-blooded American does when they are bored in the kitchen, and need more ideas, I surfed the net. Actually, truth be told my favorite way to get ideas is to go to the local library, grab a bunch cookbooks, and see which ideas will fit my vision. I came across a lot of recipes for grilling the grapefruit, which really intrigued me. I have a problem with that though, I don't really enjoy using the grill. So I needed a different idea.

Any time that I can create a simple and safe solution in the kitchen I am thrilled. I wondered how the grapefruit would taste baked. Normally, I prefer fruit chilled, but again since I was getting bored, and the weather was still chilly out, a warm option seemed neat to me. I didn't fancy heating the oven for one grapefruit, so I used my trusty toaster oven instead.


Do you have a toaster oven? It's a must for a healthier way to warm foods as opposed to the microwave, which we do not use in our home.  Here is why we do not use the microwave. In order to eliminate the use of aluminum in the kitchen, I use the Pampered Chef toaster oven bar pan. I love stoneware for baking. It's easy to clean with hot water and baking soda. I talk about why we eliminated aluminum from our house here.

Back to the baked grapefruit, I simply sliced the fruit in half, dusted it with organic ground cinnamon, and baked it for 5 minutes. I thought it was yummy. Let me know how you like it below.


If you have any recipes that you like to see, especially not so healthy recipes made gluten free or dairy free or both, let me know below.

Many blessings! Helping you to be a good steward of your health,

Marie Brock, HHC




No comments:

Post a Comment