Sunday, May 27, 2018

Overnight Oats...




I love oats so much, I cannot even express how versatile, and wonderful they can be in the kitchen. I, sadly, cannot consume them too very often. They are not a food my body loves too terribly much, so I try not to overdo it. Nonetheless, they offer quite the nutritious punch, and I will enjoy them on occasion. Such an awesome source of fiber! I always purchase certified gluten-free and organic. Oats have been shown to be highly genetically modified so look for that organic label. Oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat, so it's important to tell someone with a sensitivity or allergy to wheat whether or you use certified gluten-free oats or not.

So I super love breakfasts that I can prepare the night before to make my life more simple in the morning. Well in walks in all the foodie bloggers rage...overnight oats, so appropriate. I wanted to share how I prepared them the last time. It was super yummy, so much so that I prepped the next day again to have them the same exact way in the morning.

I always soak my oats with water and apple cider vinegar the night before to increase nutrient absorbance potential as well as making them more digestible. Here's how I typically soak them. I love that with overnight oats you do just that except just a tad bit differently.



Overnight Oats Recipe

You'll need the following for your base...

1 16oz Wide Mouth Mason Jar
1/2 Cup Organic Certified Gluten Free Traditional Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Organic Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/2 Tsp Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (helps with making oats more digestible)
4 Drops Organic Stevia (WE use Trader Joe's)
3/4 Tbsp Organic Chia Seeds

Mix the above ingredients in the jar. Then layer the following ingredients in this order. I do this every time I make them. What comes after this may vary.

Toppings...

1 Handful Frozen Organic Raspberries
2-3 Tbsp Raw Chunky Almond Butter (We use Trader Joes)

Top with dairy free yogurt. I used Kite Hill Greek Almond Yogurt. Place it in the fridge. In the morning drizzle with raw honey on top and add such fresh fruit like I did with the bananas.

You can get really creative and top them with all kind of yummy options.

Have you made overnight oats? What toppings do you like to use?

Helping you to be a good steward of your health,

Marie Brock, HHC





No comments:

Post a Comment