Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Writing...writing...and writing :)

As many of you know I homeschool my children.  I am a member of our church's homeschool co-op.  So a couple of months ago I started thinking about what class I was going to teach or help with for the Fall season. In April I started feeling a strong conviction to teach a biblical health/nutrition class at our co-op. To be honest I was a little nervous to bring up the idea. I wasn't sure how people would take to the concept.

At our co-op meeting in May, our facilitator, who is so wonderful btw, asked if anyone else had thoughts or ideas for classes. After some prayer, and nudging from the Holy Spirit I took a leap of faith, and raised my hand. Much to my delight and surprise many women seemed interested, and I was told it was a great idea...lets do it. I explained its something extremely important in my household, and if there's interest, I'd love to share it all.

I've been keeping all of these things lifted up because I want to do this all the Lord's way.  I am currently writing the 12 week curriculum that we will use. There are so many important topics to cover.  I will cover many of the same things in this blog. I may allow this blog to be an additional resource for the students in the class. My main resources will be using the book "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin, and "Health According to the Scriptures" by Paul Nison.

I also want to say that whether you read the Bible or not, are a Christian or not, biblical nutrition is worth looking at for sure. The Bible is an amazing history book. The Jews are a real culture still living today. Their health practices have proven to make them one of the healthiest cultures in existence.  Those who still ahere to the original health practices have the "cleanest bill of health" around.

No comments:

Post a Comment